How Do You Make Storage In Your Home Both Functional and Pretty?
” If you are aiming for an uncluttered room, it is much more important to arrange your storage so that you can tell at a glance where everything is…” – Marie Kondo, the life-changing magic of tidying up
Picture ledges, whether a DIY project or sourced ready made, are a great solution for small space and clutter free living. They make locating and putting away items very easy. Picture ledges also are a brilliant way to display items that you love or make you smile at the same time.
Here’s 10 Ideas for Using Picture Ledges In Any Room In Your Home!
In The Kitchen
- Useful as a spice rack in your kitchen to display and store herbs and spices. Make sure to get spice jars that will fit your picture ledges from IKEA, though.
(Image credit: AKA Design)
In The Living Areas
2. Make a cute display of the kids’ artwork so that it can be admired and enjoyed by all. Picture ledges from IKEA are great for this purpose as you can easily swap out pieces as new creations come into the house.
(Image Credit: IKEA Family)
3. When you are not sure about hanging a collection of beautiful plates straight onto the wall, picture ledges from IKEA are a secure alternative.
(Image Credit: Yvestown)
In The Kids’ Rooms
4. Encourage your kids’ to read often by creating a display of their favourite books with picture ledges from IKEA. Front facing book storage is also easier for little hands to take out and put away books!
(Image Credit: Rare and Worthy)
5. Have kids who are crazy about their trains, cars or figurine collection? The picture ledges from IKEA are a really useful way to store and display those small toys.
(Image credit: Stacys Savings)
In The Bedroom
6. Create a space to hold and display jewelry in the bedroom with picture ledges from IKEA. Add small hooks to the bottom of one and necklaces become a pretty display.
(Image Credit: Broader Borders)
7. Short on space for a bedside table next to the bed, then consider a picture ledge. Perfect for holding a book you are currently reading, as well as a few other items.
(Image Credit: La Vie DIY)
In The Bathroom
8. Another space saving idea for when the bathroom size doesn’t allow for an overhead cabinet. A picture ledge can be used as a small shelf for storage and to display a few decorative items.
(Image credit: Yasam Stil)
9. Forget storage for the kids’ toy trains, consider picture ledges from IKEA to hold your nail polish collection. Both practical and pretty!
(Image Credit: Bethany Nauert)
In The Craft Room
10. Put some of your craft supplies out on display, while also making them easy to access with picture ledges from IKEA. Use a picture ledge to also hold books or prints that you find inspiring.
(Image Credit: Holly Becker for decor8)