My mission here at Organised Pretty Home is to help women create clutterfree, organised and beautiful homes. Will you join me?
If this is your first time visiting Organised Pretty Home, I encourage you to START HERE.
I have some free goodies waiting there for you!
Here’s an assortment of random, quirky and possibly useful facts or not, about me!
- I am the oldest of four.
- I am a tea drinker, favorites at the moment are English Breakfast, Chai, and Rooboos.
- Another beverage fact. I couldn’t stand the taste of tea until I stayed in India for 9 months when I was 24. Lots of sweet, milky boiling hot chai!!
- I’ve only thought of myself as a creative person in the last few years. At school I was the Science and Maths nerd!!
- My three kids don’t look like me. Their heritage is Australian and South Indian (from their Dad).
- I live in Perth, Western Australia and I love it here!
- I will never go gray! True!! As a red head, my hair just fades to a light auburn/ blondish colour over time. I know, lucky me! 🙂
- I am three generation Australian!!
- I have several saris in my closet and I know how to put one on. Where to wear them though?
- I love Jesus, from when I first came to know He loved me, at around 8 years old.
- I am a risk taker… Yet I feel uncomfortable with heights, fast speeds, big crowds, and lots of noise.
- Business ideas I tried out in my teens; a babysitting club, a circus (can’t believe we got the neighbours to come and pay for that one), car washing and window washing.
- I had 3 kids in 4 1/2 years. Mr D, Mr S and Miss K who are now 7, 9 and 11 years old.
- The last five years I have been painting and refurbishing furniture for people.
- An old wood dressing table was the first piece of furniture I ever painted, when I was about 14 years old.
- I have now painted A LOT of furniture!
- I love chooks!! Especially Australorps.
- I love meeting new people and hearing their stories!
- I can cook a really good curry but I can’t stand spicy food!
- I grew up in the country. The nearest fast food restaurant was a 45 minute drive away!
- I have lived through record players, tape cassettes, CD’s and ipods.
- I miss people who no longer walk here on earth!
- I love being in nature!
- I love seeing a wide, open heaven full of thousands of stars.
- I see kangaroos doing their kangaroo things (usually sleeping) pretty much every week.
- I am a cat person. I speak cat language.
- I get grumpy when I am really tired or really hungry.
- I shop second hand a lot!! For the enjoyment of finding treasures, the ethics of re-using and because it is good for the budget.
- I am in the process of renovating my house… slowly!
- I journal… a lot!
- I read… a lot!
- I cry when others cry. Even if I don’t know them.
- I consider bush walking, rock climbing and camping as important experiences for my kids to participate in as they grow up.
- I would consider myself to be fairly organised but I still have so MUCH stuff!
- I am married to the love of my life (who happens to be a refugee from Iran).
- My dream is to live simply, love people, contribute generously and enjoy all the beauty that our complex and diverse world holds!
And I could continue…
But let’s turn the conversation over to you, my readers. Send me an email and introduce me to you and your family.