My mission here at Organised Pretty Home is to help women create clutterfree, organised and beautiful homes. Will you join me?
Here’s an assortment of random, quirky and possibly useful facts or not, about me!
- I am the oldest of four.
- I am a tea drinker, favorites at the moment are English Breakfast, Chai, and Rooboos.
- Another beverage fact. I couldn’t stand the taste of tea until I stayed in India for 9 months when I was 24. Lots of sweet, milky boiling hot chai!!
- I’ve only thought of myself as a creative person in the last few years. At school I was the Science and Maths nerd!!
- My three kids don’t look like me. Their heritage is Australian and South Indian (from their Dad).
- I live in Perth, Western Australia and I love it here!
- I will never go gray! True!! As a red head, my hair just fades to a light auburn/ blondish colour over time. I know, lucky me! 🙂
- I am three generation Australian!!
- I love Jesus, from when I first came to know He loved me, at around 8 years old.
- I am a risk taker… Yet I feel uncomfortable with heights, fast speeds, big crowds, and lots of noise.
- Business ideas I tried out in my teens; a babysitting club, a circus (can’t believe we got the neighbours to come and pay for that one), car washing and window washing.
- I had 3 kids in 4 1/2 years. Mr D, Mr S and Miss K who are now 11, 13 and 16 years old.
- And surprise baby no 4 in my 40’s!
- The last five years I have been painting and refurbishing furniture for people.
- An old wood dressing table was the first piece of furniture I ever painted, when I was about 14 years old.
- I have now painted A LOT of furniture!
- I love chooks!! Especially Australorps.
- I love meeting new people and hearing their stories!
- I can cook a really good curry but I can’t stand spicy food!
- I grew up in the country. The nearest fast food restaurant was a 45 minute drive away!
- I have lived through record players, tape cassettes, CD’s and ipods.
- I miss people who no longer walk here on earth!
- I love being in nature!
- I love seeing a wide, open heaven full of thousands of stars.
- I see kangaroos doing their kangaroo things (usually sleeping) pretty much every week.
- I am a cat person. I speak cat language.
- I get grumpy when I am really tired or really hungry.
- I shop second hand a lot!! For the enjoyment of finding treasures, the ethics of re-using and because it is good for the budget.
- I am in the process of renovating my house… slowly!
- I journal… a lot!
- I read… a lot!
- I cry when others cry. Even if I don’t know them.
- I consider bush walking, rock climbing and camping as important experiences for my kids to participate in as they grow up.
- I would consider myself to be fairly organised but I still have so MUCH stuff!
- I am married to the love of my life (who happens to be from Iran).
- My dream is to live simply, love people, contribute generously and enjoy all the beauty that our complex and diverse world holds!
And I could continue…
But let’s turn the conversation over to you, my readers. Send me an email and introduce me to you and your family.