Gosh, that time again already… school holidays!
Most of the time the kids and I, are looking forward to school holidays. No early school mornings, a break from making school lunches, getting kids to do homework etc. But just as easily the school holiday time can pass without having done anything productive, memorable or fun!
Well here, as a starting point, are 100 ideas for fun things to do in the holidays.
Use these ideas to write your own fun list, as well as a few home projects or errands you want to accomplish.
Don’t forget to download your free School Holiday Planner too, to print out and stick on the fridge! Check out the link at the end of this post.
What To Do In School Holidays…
Things to do with Friends & Family
1 Have a sleepover.
2. Plan a play date to each other’s homes.
3. Go to a park to ride bikes or scooters.
4. Play soccer.
5. Have a game of bocce.
6. Meet up at a indoor play centre.
7. Go on a bush walk or nature walk together.
8. Have a picnic at an adventure playground.
9. Dress up and take funny photos.
10.. Start a secret club (with all kids included).
11. Meet at the local pool for swimming.
Things to do at Home
12. Declutter and re-organise the toys.
13. Weed the garden.
14. Plant a vegetable garden.
15. Sort the kids artwork and make a pretty display with some of it.
16. Do these end of school year tasks.
17. Declutter and organise the kids’ clothes.
18. Declutter and organise the kids books.
19. Clean out the pantry.
20. Declutter the freezer.
21. Re-fill the freezer with school snacks for the following term.
Places to Visit
23. A fun park.
24. Take a ride on a ferry.
25. Use public transport and visit the city for the day.
26. An animal shelter.
27. A wildlife park.
28. The beach.
29. A theatre production especially for children.
32. Op shops or thrift stores.
34. A botanical garden.
35. Indoor rock climbing centre.
36. Music concert.
37. Art and craft class.
38. Kids workshop at Bunnings.
39. Maccas playground.
40. Local park.
41. Ice skating rink.
42. Art gallery.
44. Strawberry farm.
45. Fruit orchards.
46. Chocolate factory.
47. Ice creamery.
48. Local markets.
49. Kids cooking class.
50. A new area of your city or a town.
51. Puppet Show.
Things to Create, Make Or Bake
52. Indoor cubbies with blankets or boxes.
53. Box construction.
54. Kinetic sand.
55. Play dough.
56. Drawing or colouring in.
57. Cookies or a cake.
58. Home made pizza.
59. A fruit or salad platter.
60. An outdoor obstacle course.
61. Finger puppets.
62. Gingerbread people.
63. Sew doll’s clothes.
64. Bead jewelry.
65. Write a story.
66. Build a Lego construction.
67. Design a range of fashion clothes.
68. Knit a scarf.
69. Decorate cupcakes.
70. Make crazy sandwich fillings.
Games to Play
72. Treasure hunt.
73. Hide and seek.
74. Pretend or imaginary games.
77. Lego or Duplo.
79. Hop scotch.
80. Jump rope.
Errands to do
81. Write thank you cards.
83. Dental check ups.
84. Annual eye test.
85. Take the dog for a vet check.
86. Get the car serviced.
87. Clean, mend or replace school uniforms.
88. Restock school supplies.
89. Buy the essentials – hair lackeys, undies and socks.
90. Get new school shoes.
91. Sleep in.
92. Have a “make your own fun” day.
93. Read books.
94. Lie outside in the sun.
95. Take a nap.
96. Listen to an audio book.
97. Have unstructured play time.
98. Spend time in nature.
99. Talk to each other.
100. Let the kids make their own breakfast or lunch.
Click on the link below to get your free school holiday planner now!
Create an outline of what activities and jobs you want to do these holidays.
Even stick it to the fridge so that the kids know what will be happening and when.
Organising Tip: Make sure to not over schedule your days. After all, it is an opportunity for rest and relaxation. Choose your top 2-3 tasks or activities for each week. Anything else is a bonus!
Related Post: 50 Fun Things To Do With Your Kids