Feeling exhausted and overwhelmed by the mess around you? Would you rather do anything than clean you house right now?
Some days or even some seasons it is difficult to have motivation to clean the house.
Here are some helpful suggestions you can use to get motivated to clean your room or your whole house! Choose what works for you!
Feeling overwhelmed? Here are some ideas for what to do when you feel overwhelmed with life!
How To Get Motivated To Clean Your House
1 Watch a decluttering show.
2. Take a break from the kids.
3. Do something lovely for yourself while taking a break from the kids. Eg. Take a nap, or get a pedicure.
4. Start again tomorrow.
5. Put your favorite music on while cleaning.
6. Set a timer for 10 minutes and tackle the biggest mess first. Repeat for another 10 minutes and so on. See if you can beat the timer!
7. Get family members to pitch in with getting the house in order.
8. Hire a one-off cleaner for 3 to 4 hours or ask a friend to help out.
9. Write a list of what needs doing and identify the most important and urgent tasks. Start on those tasks.
10. Invite people over for a visit and clean like a maniac beforehand.
11. Do the basics until motivation returns.
12. Search Instagram for ideas.
13. Look at images of beautiful, organized homes.
14. Do a detailed clean of one room in the house so it results in a remarkable difference.
15. Write a list of jobs to do and cross off each job as it is completed. Acknowledge what you have accomplished!
16. Do the “Take 5 Challenge”. Walk into a room and pick up 5 things to put away, donate or discard. Repeat until the house is looking mostly tidy again!
17. Think about how you’ve worked for the home and life you have. Then decide about how you want to display what you have achieved.
18. Do a general pick up of the house. Then tackle one space a day by reducing how many things there are.
19. Plan a reward to enjoy at the end of the cleaning time. Eg. Sitting down with a hot cup of tea and a sweet smelling candle.
20. Tell yourself, “Once it’s done I will feel better and the house will be easier to maintain.”
21. Every night get the family to do a general tidy up of the house.
22. Take a break and do an activity with the kids. “Make memories first, the mess will be still be there when you’re done.”
23. Watch You Tube videos describing other people’s cleaning routines. Use that as inspiration! If they can get their homes in order, so can you!
More Inspiration To Clean
- How Often Should You Clean Your House
- How To Get Housework Done With A Baby And A Toddler
- Create A Weekly Routine That Works For You
- Make Your Bed Quote
- The Simply Clean Book Review
- Decluttering At The Speed Of Life