Welcome to our final week of the 2018 Fall (for all the northern hemisphere peeps) One Room Challenge. So excited – today I get to share with you my green master bedroom makeover and all the gorgeous details!!
One last reminder of what my green master bedroom looked like a mere 6 weeks ago… Not terrible but just boring, cluttered and unfinished!
Well now… Can’t say that I have a boring master bedroom anymore!! I LOVE this room now! It even beats my tween daughter’s room makeover I reckon! It shows what you can do with a small budget and some great ideas!
The biggest risk I took with this master bedroom makeover was adding the wood boards behind the bed. Would you believe it’s actually freebie pallet wood from hubby’s work that I taped on to the plaster double brick wall and then painted over. Love how much it changes the look and feel of the room!
The existing furniture like the bed and bedside tables, I kept. So it was a matter of sourcing cheaply and easily the smaller pieces. Whatever I found guided the design decisions!
For example the IKEA wall lamps, sourced secondhand meant we were having wall lamps instead of bedside lamps. These ones aren’t wired in, you just attach the base to the wall. I painted the metal bases in black with Fusion Mineral Paint (I love this paint!) to fit in with the style of the room.
These original Australian landscape paintings below, were an op shop/ thrift store find. I shopped the house for them!
The bamboo basket is from IKEA and was completely a spur of the moment purchase while looking for black handles for the bedside tables. (The pine handle on mine had broken and so I couldn’t open the drawer easily. See, talk about this room needing the details finished.) The basket is handy for storing the cushions off the bed!
These inexpensive sheer net curtains were from IKEA, and I love the pretty scalloped edge they have. Hubby was just pleased they were replacing the vintage lace curtains I had got, which I had hemmed with the scissors. Doesn’t anyone else do that? Unfortunately, there was a few too many small tears in the vintage ones due to age, that would be noticeable.
Every girl needs a pretty journal next to her bed… Well at least this one does! 🙂
Hubby’s bedside table decor got a big tick of approval. A key change was putting the clutter away, and keeping it simple. I think he liked the black candle I bought for his side, even more than I did! 🙂
And there you go… one green master bedroom makeover!
Sources (& Budget):
- Net curtains – $14 from IKEA.
- Pair IKEA wall sconces – $16 for both second hand.
- Black Fusion Mineral Paint – already had.
- Plants & pots – $30 from Bunnings.
- Pallet wood – free from hubby’s work.
- Interior Wall Paint 4L (British Paints Natural White) – $55 from Bunnings. I ended up using about 2L of it.
- Scotch double sided outdoor tape x 2 – $12 from Ebay after using a $10 voucher
- Pendant kit and light shade – $36 from Early Settlers after using a $20 off coupon for my first purchase.
- Cord cover (painted black) – $11 from Bunnings.
- Black Christmas candle – $9 from Kmart.
- Flower place mat – $1.50 from Kmart.
- Protea journal – $4 from Kmart.
- Black clock – already had. Originally purchased from IKEA.
- Bedside Black Knobs – $6 from IKEA.
- Bamboo basket – $39 from IKEA.
- White Duck Feather Pillow & Cover – $20 from IKEA.
- Round Pink Cushion – Already had.
- Large Canvas Wall Art – $9 from Kmart.
More Master Bedroom Inspiration from the last 6 weeks…
Now, let’s all hop over to the One Room Challenge Blog and check out the final reveals of the 20 featured bloggers and other guest participants. So many amazing, gorgeous rooms to be inspired by!