Do I need a bigger freezer for make ahead meals?
When should I start making freezer meals for postpartum?
What are the best meals to cook and freeze?
Tips to Make Your Freezer Meals Taste Really Good
- Avoid freezer burn by freezing meals quickly and removing as much air as you can from your storage containers.
- Use your freezer meals within 3 to 6 months.
- Slightly undercook your pasta. It will cook when you reheat the dish in the oven.
- Use the freshest ingredients possible.
Here’s my list of freezer meals for new Moms below. Like I said previously there are so many options for what you can make ahead and freeze. These freezer meal suggestions below include a few new recipes as well as meals that we enjoy eating regularly.
Freezer Meals For New Moms
1. Chicken Alfredo Pasta
2. Chicken Enchiladas
3. Macaroni Cheese
4. Minestrone Soup
5. Cream of Chicken Soup
6. Toor Dhal
7. Satay Chicken
8. Beef and Barley Soup
10. Pulled Pork
- Savory mince – onion, carrot, celery, pepper, tomato paste
- Keema – bay leaf, whole cinnamon, onion, garlic, ginger, tomato paste, spices, peas.
- Mexican mince – herbs and spices
12. Shepherds Pie
Another easy mince dish that we don’t tend to have too often. The plan is to cook double the quantity and freeze one meal.
13. Twice Baked Potatoes
Not really a main on its own! But so yummy! Simply scoop out the middle of your halved cooked potato and mix with salt pepper, cheese and ham. Add the filling, freeze and bake when thawed.
14. Fried Rice
Fried rice is such a quick and easy meal to use up leftover rice and vegies. I usually make it with diced carrot, frozen peas and corn, and soy sauce. Apparently, it’s really easy to freeze and re-heat!
15. Butter Chicken
Another family favorite! Despite the extra effort, I make butter chicken a lot more often than my regular chicken curry now. The secret is to marinade the chicken pieces first in yoghurt and spices. Then cook the chicken in the oven separately. Once the sauce is made, add the cooked chicken and cream. So yum!
I hope this list helps you get started with your own freezer meals!
More Tips For Freezing Food
- Free Printable Freezer Inventory
- Freezer Cooking 101
- How To Freeze Food Properly
- How I Organised My New Chest Freezer