DIY Lego Table
Previously I shared about my search to find the best way to store Lego, as part of the boys’ shared bedroom makeover. Well, kids also need a place to play with their Lego and space to set up their building creations. Hence, the idea of a DIY Lego table for them to play at.
Amazingly, building your own Lego table from scratch can be pretty simple!
Especially, if you choose to use a pre-made table for the project. It would also work though if you were keen on going DIY for the table as well. Like this table project with free plans.
So let’s get started!!
All you need is:
- several Lego base plates
- strong adhesive glue
- some type of stable surface
Examples of surfaces for a DIY Lego table include:
- Ikea Lack Coffee table which comes with a shelf underneath that would be great for storing Lego pieces.
- a children’s plastic play table
- a side table like this one with inbuilt storage
- cube storage
Image via Pinterest
- creating a tray from plywood like this project.
Put It All Together By:
- Cutting your base plates to fit the size of the table top. Remember to leave a small gap between joining plates when gluing for the Lego pieces to fit properly.
- Add glue to the back of the base plate and fix to your surface.
- Allow to dry and then it’s ready to use for play!!